FAMILY STYLE TUSCAN CHICKEN
Posted in Autumn, Dinner, Dinner on November 2017
Posted in Autumn, Dinner, Dinner
Prepared in 25 minutes or less plus overnight refrigeration and 1 hour to bake.
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 head of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers and juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup good white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, vinegar, olive oil, raisins, capers (and juice) and bay leaves into a Ziploc baggy.
- Place in refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken into shallow baking pans and spoon generous amounts of marinade on top of each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and white wine around the chicken pieces.
- Bake for one hour basting every 10 minutes with pan juices. Remove cooked chicken onto serving platter and sprinkle fresh chopped herbs generously on top.
- Serve immediately with extra gravy sauce from pans. Serves 8.