Download Current Recipe as PDF
Prepared in 10 minutes or less.
- 4 ripe avocados, split along their sides, core removed then scored with pairing knife
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved with seeds removed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp kosher saltSmash avocados with a fork until chunks are broken down in a large glass bowl.
Add the remaining 8 ingredients and gently toss until well-combined. Serve immediately with fresh pita chips, warm tortilla chips or corn tortillas. First Down! Serves 4.
Option: Can be prepared in advance. Cover with plastic or transfer to an airtight resealable casserole dish to help maintain its vibrant green color before refrigerating for 1-2 hours. To best achieve a “true tortilla,” heat them one or two at a time on a bare gas burner by stacking one on top of the other, heat one side, carefully flip the stack over, heat the other side then put the two heated sides back to back and heat the other two sides. Once cooked, keep warm by wrapping tortillas in between cloth napkins or placing between two large plates.