MEXICAN CHICKEN SOUP
Posted in DWEH, Lunch, Trending on June 2017
Posted in DWEH, Lunch, Trending
Prepared in 15 minutes or less plus 6 hours to simmer.
- 1 whole roasted chicken (deboned)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes or Rotel tomatoes
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans undrained
- 1 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
Add minced garlic and margarine in slow cooker and sauté.
Combine all Ingredients except cheese and chips. Cover.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Divide small amounts of cheese in bowls and ladle soup over cheese-top with tortilla chips. Serves 4-6.