Posted in Autumn, Sips Smoothies, SIps Smoothies
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced papaya
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced kiwi
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, divided use
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, I prefer So Delicious
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt, optional
- 1/3 cup ice
- 1 Tbs sugar, or as needed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pineapple slices for garnish
- Toasted shredded unsweetened coconut for garnish, optional
- In a blender, combine pineapple, mango, papaya, kiwi, and 1/4 cup orange juice. Purée until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the remaining orange juice, coconut milk, yogurt, ice, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend the fruit mixture until smooth and thick.
- Serve the smoothies at once in chilled tall glasses garnished with a pineapple slice and a sprinkled of toasted coconut. Makes 2.
- Toasted Coconut: In a dry sauté pan over medium-high heat, gently toss grated coconut for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from hot pan and pour the toasted coconut into a cool bowl before serving.