Posted in Autumn, Breakfast, Kitchen Tips, Spring, Summer, Winter
How do you like your eggs?
Poaching eggs is an elegant option for breakfast and brunch–or really any time you have a hankering. It’s also super easy, really quick and a lower-calorie option because there are no added ingredients. Here’s how to poach an egg:
Perfectly Poached Egg Step By Step
Tools: Fine mesh kitchen sieve; deep skillet; shallow bowl; metal spoon.
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 pieces of your favorite toast
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Boil water in a deep skillet with a splash of white vinegar.
- Crack egg over a fine mesh kitchen sieve placed over a shallow bowl.
- Place sieve with egg in its center into the simmering hot water.
- Gently loosen sides of eggs with metal spoon so it doesn’t stick to the sieve.
- Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until egg is poached.
- Serve on toast with Watercress, freshly cracked black pepper and chopped chives.