SASSY AND SPICY FRUIT SALAD
Posted in Autumn, Dinner, Dinner, Salad on November 2017
Posted in Autumn, Dinner, Dinner, Salad
- 6 cups diced fresh cantaloupes 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 cups diced fresh pineapple 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 cups peeled and seeded cucumbers 1/4-inch pieces, approximately 3 cucumbers
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 diced celery sticks, 1/4-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbs finely minced garlic
- 3 tsp finely minced red chile pepper or jalapeno, seeds removed
- 4 tsp grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, approximately 3 limes
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Combine the cantaloupe, pineapple, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery and red onion in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the prepared garlic, chile, lime zest and lime juice. Toss gently and cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating for a few hours.
- Remove from refrigerate and garnish salad with mint leaves before serving at room temperature. Serves 6.