SUPERBOWL TOUCHDOWN TURKEY MEATBALLS
Download Current Recipe as PDF
Irresistible and easy! Dips-n-chips move aside and make way for our new take on meatballs. You’ll want these platter-friendly Turkey Meatballs by the huddles!
Touchdown Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs fish sauce, nuoc nam (found in Asian markets or most supermarkets)
- 1 Tbs hot Asian chile sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Stir in all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl to blend. Cover and chill in refrigerator 1 day in advance.
- Line a large baking sheet with plastic wrap for placing uncooked meatballs.
- Gently mix all meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well-combined. Using your hands, measure approximately 2 tablespoons for each meatball. Place on lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté half of the meatballs until browned and cooked through, approximately 12 – 15 minutes. Lower heat if meatballs brown too quickly.
- Transfer meatballs to another baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining uncooked meatballs. Arrange meatballs on a large serving platter.